J-B Weld Black RTV Silicone Sealant and Adhesive
J-B Weld Black Silicone Sealant and Adhesive is a general purpose RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanized) Silicone, designed for sealing and bonding uneven surfaces. Upon curing, which occurs when the product is exposed to the moisture in air, the silicone forms a tough, waterproof seal on most surfaces. It will not shrink or crack, resists weathering and is great for many automotive accessories and household applications.
Bonding and Sealing
1. Prepare: Clean surface area of dirt, grease, oil, paint or loose debris. For best results use a detergent or degreaser to first clean the surface, then roughen surface with file or coarse sandpaper to provide the best repair.
2. Apply: Apply even, continuous ¼ inch bead of Silicone to one surface area. Surround all bolt holes with Silicone.
3. Assemble: Reconnect parts while Silicone is wet.
4. Secure: Hand tighten until Silicone begins to squeeze out.
5. Dry: Allow drying for 1 hour and then tighten an additional 1/2 turn.
6. Finish: Scrape or cut away excess cured sealant. Silicone will fully cure in 24 hours.
J-B Weld is proudly made in the USA